Thursday, August 21, 2008

And we are back!


We are back! Our trip to Sheridan is over, it actually ended about four hours after it began. We had a few events and came home. The trip started by packing pretty much the whole house, and the people inside. I had an odd feeling to take along a spare car battery incase of an emergency, remember this battery it plays a significant role later on. We started for Kemmerer. Through all the miserable construction the generator died, which means the a/c and Owens power supply died. I thought it was from being low on fuel. My plan was to fuel in Kemmerer because Wyoming gas is always cheaper. We got to sweat out the remaining twenty miles into Kemmerer. I shut the motor home off to fuel and got the generator started back up. I went to start the motor home and it almost wouldn't start. So I sat at the maverick and contemplated the remaining five hundred and twenty miles left in our trip. I pulled the motor home into a vacant store lot and turned it off. I thought it would be better to have the thing die and not be in front of two gas pumps. I went to start it back up and no go! The ole battery was dead!



So I got out of the motor home and started to talk to and like all of my imaginary sailor friends. I grabbed the spare battery that I got for Owen, and muttered under my breath the whole trip around the motor home. Gladly I had thrown in some jumper cables also. I opened the door to see if the outfit would start and saw my entire family, except Owen, on the motor cover between the front seats. I was still talking like a sailor when I asked why in the ------------- is everyone standing in the front. Come to find out my curious five year old found a garbage pail with a dead mouse in it. The whole operation came to a halt until I emptied the pail. So back to my jump starting job, the motor home started. I figured we had only come forty miles, so we better go home and find out the issues. We got home and found out that we forgot to hook up the two batteries that help out the generator. That is why it drained the engine battery. So we all giggled that we had a family vacation to Kemmerer. Abby came down with a cold, so we never did make the attempt to try again.




No comments: