Thursday, May 12, 2011

Clogging and Arrow of Light

Bentley earned his Arrow of Light award in Scouts. He was pretty excited to get everything done to receive this before he turned 11.

This is Bentley at his best! He would always pose like this if I would let him. I usually don't share his goofiness but I thought I would this time. I need to enjoy this part of Bentley more. He is a funny kid and I need to laugh more and enjoy each moment. It seems like he only wants to share this side when I am trying to get him to do something else though. I am trying to learn to take a deep breath, laugh and then get back on track.

Here he is all dressed up for the part. We were afraid he was going to get to wear that lovely triangle for quite sometime, but it finally washed off.


Now for the girly stuff.....


This is the one picture I got of Abby in her costume before the show. I should have embarrassed her, made a scene and took more but I didn't.

My camera doesn't take great shots in the dark but here she is, (second one from the back), doing what she LOVES. I am not kidding when I say she loves clogging. When she thought the December recital was it for the year she started begging Lenn and I to let her clogg the next year. Her practice was on Wednesday's and she had to have a special outfit each week. I am quite sure they are worn out from the washer but they were her clogging clothes and she HAD to wear them each week. She didn't care what the kids in her class said about it either. That's my girl, determined as ever.

She had a great teacher and hopes she will teach again next fall after having a new baby. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

I have video so as soon as I take the time I will post that too.

1 comment:

Brian and Rebecca Nate said...

Love the outfit for Abby; super cute. (Could just be the cute little face tho. :)) I can't believe Bentley got his Arrow of Light already. What a trooper. When he was in the wolves, I was his leader and he was always ready to get a new badge. Good for him. Glad things are going good. Take care.