Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fair week

We had quite a week with fair...some good and some not so good! It was a learning experience for sure this year. In the end, it is done and over with and we are ready to plan for next year. Yes, I think we must be crazy! Abby wanted to put something in the fair so she did a few etched pictures. She got blue ribbons and was tickled pink.




I put a flower arrangment in the Home Arts. I love my flowers in my yard. Even though I am not outside a lot I love to look out the windows and see beautiful color. I got grand champion, much to my surprise!


Thanks to our 4-H extension agent we got ring side seats reserved. Lenn bought a canopy and it ended up being a very good investment.


Getting settled for day one!


Bentley showing Jimmer. He showed really well, he got a blue ribbon in showmansip.


As much as we liked Jimmer, the judge did not! Again, Bentley did great showing him. He put in quite a bit of hard work and time this year and he is already talking about what he is going to do next year.





Abby wanted to buy and raise a lamb for her herd this year. She decided since she wasn't old enough for 4-H she would practice for the open show. She did great. She was the only one that had her own lamb that she had trained and worked with. The whole class got blue ribbons.


Abby showing Flower

That was our fair week in a nutshell. It is always nice to have it over with, but we had a good time doing it.

No comments: