Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 2 of our little vacation

I have been bugging Lenn for a long time about taking Owen to the Zoo. He has never been there and I think every child needs to go to the zoo. After we got there though I realized a movie about the zoo might have been better for Owen but o'well we were there so we might as well enjoy the atmosphere.
Bentley and Abby were tired from the night before but they still seemed to have a good time. Bentley is always such a good helper when it comes to helping with Owen or his equipment. We decided to rent a wagon to pull around suction and diaper bag. Bentley insisted on pulling it around almost the whole time and you know how steep those little hills get when pulling or pushing something. Bentley and Abby love posing with all the statues.







Abby couldn't figure out why this turkey wasn't in a cage or something. It was walking amongst all the people and it had Abby baffled.




This was one of the few animals that Owen could see and he loved it. The gorilla came right up to the glass and then sat down with his back to us. It was funny he kept looking over his shoulder at Owen and Owen didn't take his eyes off of him.


Of course the train ride. I was a little disappointed that Owen couldn't go on the train but Abby and Bentley still did and had fun. I never realized what all the kids laying in a stroller miss at the zoo and if they can't get out they can't even go on the train. It is crazy what we take for granted.
We had a great little vacation, not far from home and not too long. It was great. I was a little worried about germs but we survived and everyone is well.

2 comments:

Ashlie said...

I bet he enjoyed it even if he couldn't see everything. You are such a great Mom.

Sam J. said...

I'm so glad you guys got the stroller - yay! What wonderful pictures, I love the shot of Owen in his shades. Thank you for making me smile today.

Thinking of you all,
Sam J.