Monday, February 3, 2014

Happy 6th Birthday!

Owen's birthday landed on a busy day for everyone so we put of the celebration for a few days. I told him I had been working on his cake and on his birthday I brought this cupcake over so he had something to celebrate.  He looked at it and then at me and gave me a look of 'really mom, this has taken you that long'! It was so funny. He did end up giving lots of smiles when I told him his cake would be finished in a few days.
He loved his Jake cake.  He is the one who chose it, so he should have.  I gave him the choice of a minion, Turbo or Jake. Abby suggested Jake so she was pretty happy when he chose it.

He loved looking at his cake, that is until we lit the candle.  Then he wanted nothing to do with it.  He cried until we convinced him we had taken the candle off and to open his eyes.

Happy birthday my miracle boy!  It's been an adventure for sure but I wouldn't trade it if I could!  Many told us you wouldn't live this long, but you have proven them wrong and we will take each and every day we are given.

We used to send balloons to his special angel birthday buddy, but since we don't always get somewhere to buy balloons I started added something girly to his cake. This year Jake was heading out to save Wendy.
Happy birthday angel Mercydez!






No comments: