Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fourth of July


Happy fourth a day late! At about 6 pm we decided to head to Provo for the fireworks. Nellie kept calling and wondering if we were coming, so the way we went. I told Nellie under three conditions, 1. she needed to get us past the road block with all the cops, 2. we needed a parking spot by where we sit in case Owen needs to leave, 3. we needed power, once unplugged we have 7 hours give or take. We really don't want to test that one. Bless her heart she came through with both, I had to talk my way through the first road block and Nellie got me the rest of the way. It's funny, you mention vented baby and all sorts of problems get solved. We packed and packed, then drove and drove, then unpacked and unpacked. We realized what it takes to pack for a day trip, get the u-haul ready for the over nighters. Owen did great, he got tired of it after a while. We laid him in his fiery red wagon and he watched the kids, leaves, and noisy F-16's. Gayle sat in the truck with him during the fireworks and got his feeding going. It worked out because Gayle got to see the fireworks, I packed during them, and the minute it got over we were the first car out. Owen and Abby slept all the way home while Bentley watched for fireworks. I have a secret route in and out of that miserable town, I stumbled on it by accident. Don't tell Gayle, I told her I knew where I was going the whole time. But I will sell my new found knowledge for a price to anyone that needs to get there and home fast, and it helps to have a heavy right foot. I think men just have built in gps. It was a good test for the trip home when and if it happens.


1 comment:

Nic and Ashley Haws said...

Glad you guys are having so many wonderful experiences with your sweet Owen! Stay positive!
PS We live in Provo (it's quite enjoyable, thank you very much! ;) that's a wink)... so if you're ever down this way again... know you have friends, food, a place to hang out, and electrical power if you ever need it! :)