Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sketches of Owen by Sadie Payne

My good friend Sivi asked a local artist, Sadie, to do this drawing for us when we were still in the hospital with Owen. It is amazing and we love it. I believe Owen is always this close to our Savior.


This drawing of Dr. Chan and our Savior with Owen takes my breath away every time I look at it. I asked Sadie to do this about a year ago and she put so much work and heart into it. It couldn't be more amazing! After I picked it up I remembered I wanted a title of some sort but the perfect words didn't come until later. The day before we went down to SLC for his surgeries I had a neighbor entitle it "Guardian Angels" in calligraphy, it was perfect.
Thanks Sadie!

1 comment:

Leslie Garbanati said...

Thank you for sharing these pictures....All I can do is cry. I could feel Owen's spirit the first time I peeked in on him at the hospital and even through his pictures, I can feel it. He truly is at the right hand of his Savior and a special boy. He is a mighty and valiant servant. With faith and wonder he is here to serve a purpose. Thanks for sharing him!