Saturday, May 8, 2010

~Two very special boys~

A sweet little child, at a party one day,
when toys were being given away,
discovered a broken one and with a smile said,
"I'll take it you see, I know my Daddy can fix anything,
and soon it will be good as new."

And once, perhaps, in Heaven one day,
when bodies were being given away,
A sweet little child, discovered a broken one,
and with a smile said,
"I'll take it, you see, I know my father
can fix anything and someday it will be
good as new."

My sister-in-law sent me this poem after Owen was born and it happens to be perfect for our sweet little boys. Thanks Carly!
We were sent another poem by a lady in Randolph that is great too.
Heaven’s Very Special Child

A meeting was held quite far from Earth.
It’s time again for another birth,
Said the angels to the Lord above.
“This special child will need much love.
His progress may seem very slow,
Accomplishments he may not show
And he’ll require extra care
From the folks he meets way down there.
He may not run of laugh or play:
His thoughts may seem quite far away.
In many ways he won’t adapt,
And he’ll be know as handicapped.
So let’s be careful where he’s sent,
We want his life to be content,
Please, Lord, find parents who
Will do a special job for you.
They will not realize right away
The leading role they were asked to play
But with this child sent from above
Comes stronger faith and richer love.
And soon they will know the privilege given
In caring for this gift from Heaven.
Their precious charge, so meek and mild
Is Heaven’s very special child.”

3 comments:

Tanner and Chelsey said...

Oh Gayle they are beautiful little boys!!

Brian and Rebecca Nate said...

So beautiful and strong ones you have. Maybe not strong in body, but in soul. We send our prayers and thoughts.

brigette said...

Hi,

I just came across your blog. I am so sorry for your loss!! What a sweet family you have. We to lost a little boy just shy of 6 months old due to a neuromuscular condition. He also had low muscle tone. What a hard journey! I just wanted to let you know ill pray for your sweet family and send many hugs. Your sweet little boy is precious!