Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Somewhere we never thought we would be

On Mother's Day we decided if the weather was nice we would take a picnic and go visit Landry's grave. The weather cooperated so we went. Owen does not love his strolleror the wind so his day wasn't the very best, or maybe he was sad because that has been going around at our house. Bentley and Abby had a ball. I wish I could have just a little bit of their strength and faith. They know exactly where Landry is and seem to be fine with that. Abby gets sad sometimes and cries, but Bentley says there is no reason to be sad anymore!! Wow, he amazes me! Anyway, the wind had been terrible the week before and had blown flowers off of graves. Bentley and Abby ran around gathering up flowers along the fence and brought them to Landry's grave. (I am not real sure how I feel about robbing flowers to decorate his grave, but they were happy.) They split up the the flowers so they could decorate their great-grandma's too.Lenn bought two little solar lights for Landry and the Dragon fly in the middle is from a good friend in Cokeville. Funny thing is that she wanted to just leave it there and not tell me who it came from but when she got home and put one together for her grandma she realized she didn't turn Landry's on. So she had to call and tell me it needed to be turned in order to work.
Lenn perfecting the placement of the lights. They had to be perfectly level.
Me with two of my boys. I could have never guessed that I would be spending Mother's Day at a cemetery to be with all of my family. I was there again last Saturday and it was so nice to see that sod had been placed over his grave and it looked so much better. We ordered the headstone last Friday and as crazy as it may sound I cannot wait to see it. We will post it when it finally gets here. We decided to do Owen's too, I know depressing huh? Anyway it is two teardrops with a block between them that will have Christ with a boy and a baby.

2 comments:

Anna Linnea said...

Thanks for sharing. You guys are such an amazing example to us all.

Brian and Rebecca Nate said...

I marvel at your strength. Your family is such an inspiration to us all. Take care.