Monday, September 27, 2010

If I can do this...anyone can!

These are legwarmers for babies. I made them in 25 minutes. If I can make them so can you.
I made them for a friend who started with a goal of 500 but now she is shooting for 1500 legwarmers to donate to the PICU at Primary Children's Hospital. That is where her little Makenzie spent her last days. Makenzie is her inspiration for this project. She is doing an amazing job in behalf of her little angel.
When I was out looking for socks they did not have any women's so I went to the girls section and thought I would try these. After I bought them I thought of all the newborns who end up in the PICU. My niece for one was only 7 weeks old. I think it is so hard for the parents to see their baby in a diaper only. With these legwarmers it will give those parents something to smile about.
To get the pattern and find out more visit her blog http://www.kendraandryanwebster.blogspot.com/.
If you don't sew at all you can buy them and donate too.

Thanks for your help. Also don't forget to keep voting to help fight SMA http://www.voteforsma.com/. Vote for the Gwendolyn Strong Foundation. Vote everyday until the 29th.

3 comments:

Brian and Rebecca Nate said...

Gayle, you did so awesome! Those are the cutest socks ever! I wish I had half your talent. I'm lazy and just bought some. I need to be more ambitious! Good job. What a woman!

Ryan.Kendra.Makenzie.Tracker said...

AHH I love them! That is such a great idea to mix and match the bottoms of the socks! You are amazing. Thank you for being so sweet. I think about you often.

Leslie Garbanati said...

Gayle...so did you know that even though Cookies for Cancer came in first place in the voting, that Jimmie Johnson's foundation donated $20,000 to Gwendolyn Strong ANYWAY! This is the link to the story. Yeah for JJ!! http://www.jimmiejohnsonfoundation.org/News/News-Archives/Cookies-for-Kids-Cancer-Wins-Additional-20000-.aspx !!