Monday, May 25, 2009

My Saturday Project


I finished the fence around my house and needed to finish the driveway. I was debating over a cattle guard or gates. I wanted an arch way so my choices were wood or metal. I priced out the two and I had my work cut out to make an arch way with a peak out of wood.


Here is Dad and I setting the posts Friday night. We finished with the lights on the tractor. Eric and I had cut the peak that morning also.

We brought the peak down to the house to put it together so that we didn't break it.


Here we had the peak set and are hurrying to get the straps on.


Dad making sure Philip and I have the gates hanging right.




Here is the final look, except the sheep panels on both sides of the arch. I am going to connect the arch way to the fence with poles and run a pole along the top of the fence. I am far from done but I have a good chunk behind me.

A big thanks to Eric, Bret, Dad, Ryan, and Philip.

1 comment:

tfthornock said...

It looks fantastic! Great job! Gayle, my mom should be bringing some starts this weekend, so I'll bring them out at some point if that will work!