Saturday, May 9, 2009

Cinco de Mayo~ Baby Shower~ Rain Gutter Regatta

What a week, and of course Lenn was working! Tuesday we had Bentley's Cinco de Mayo and I made it! Grandma Johnson stayed with Owen and all was well. Bentley and his class did a great job and it looked like they all had a good time. Tuesday morning Bentley asked me what matched with hot pink. I told him the different colors and then he asked if the orange shirt he was wearing would match. I told him no, but as you can see it didn't bother him enough to change. It all fit together when I walked in and saw that he got the pink costume.

It was really fun and I am grateful Owen did well and Grandma was able to care for him.






At the end they did the Mexican hat dance and then the class went to get someone from the audience to do the dance with them. Bentley chose Abby and I wish I could have gotten a picture of her face when he picked her. As you can see in this picture she had a ball.


Wednesday, Abby and I were able to go to Becky's baby shower, thanks to Tracy.

This is what Abby gave to baby Kynlee. Abby is so excited for this baby and for Becky to have finally moved closer.

Again Owen did well and Tracy was great. Thanks again!


Thursday was Bentley's rain gutter regatta in scouts. Owen was worrying me a little that day but Grandma came again and all was well. Thanks Grandma!

Back to the racing, Bentley was stoked he won all of his races, thanks to his Dad's design. After his second race Bentley said all the boys said "I don't want to race you"! Then his little buddy Andrew stepped up and they raced over and over. Bentley was so excited, he had worried and we had prepared him by telling him winning isn't everything and at least his boat looks cool. His boat sailed right down the gutter! Good job Dad!!


Lenn and Bentley at 6:30 in the morning. We had to get a picture before Bentley went to school and Lenn left for work. Lenn was sad that he wouldn't be able to be there. I am glad we got a few pictures before because in the rush to get Bentley from basketball and be on time I whacked the sail with my purse and knocked off some of the paint that Lenn spent a whole day trying to get to stay on. That is the luck! At least it was just the paint and not the glue holding the sail, right!!

So this week was full of activities but I want to point out the history in this. Three days and three babysitters for Owen and we all survived, ( I am speaking mainly of the mother)!



No comments: