Sunday, March 7, 2010

What is going to happen this year for the BIG DAY?

As you all should know my BIRTHDAY IS A BIG DAY around here. I always thought it should be a national holiday! So lo and behold my birthday made it on the marquee board in Cokeville. That was 2006.





2006, oh what a year. We were building the house, changing jobs, and having a quarter life crisis. I shaved my head and some of my poor hair never came back..





2007, I thought nothing would top my quarter life crisis, but this year even got better. Still trying to grow my hair back and celebrated my birthday at Grandma Johnson's funeral. Yup, got to be a pall bearer on my birthday.




2008, with all my grandparents funerals behind me this was the year to celebrate! Then Owen was born. Spent the months leading up to my birthday in the hospital and a good deal of them after there too. This was the year I spent MY holiday in BED sicker than a dog. The entire week was spent by a huge bowl, room spinning, and a shot in the butt (thanks Karen).. Sounds great huh?


2009, funerals done, sickness done, this is the year to kick up the ole heels! This national holiday was spent in Houston.... Yup, in Texas. I flew home and celebrated early with the kids. I did have a really large piece of prime rib at salt grass steakhouse and a homemade pecan pie to myself, but it wasn't home...



2010, IS THIS THE YEAR? Already cut the remaining hair on my head and moved it lower to my chin area. Not in Texas, no funerals yet, and I am as healthy as a horse! What is going to happen tomorrow? The anticipation is killing me!


A side note-Happy Birthday Dr. Chan, you were a special family friend long before we knew we shared birthdays!


3 comments:

Leslie Garbanati said...

Really...a beard! You should consider shaving for your birthday...but whatever, it is your day. Hope it is great! Happy Birthday!

sjanney said...

Are you sure you didn't photoshop that beard on Lenn? ;) LOL!

Happy Birthday - here's wishing you a very uneventful but fun day.

sj

Brian and Rebecca Nate said...

So what did the big day bring? Anything fun? Hope you all are doing great. Take care.