Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving

Owen's Thanksgiving story hour. It was the week before but isn't he cute in his pilgrim hat?All dressed up and nowhere to go!! We spent Thanksgiving at home with just us again. We feel good about being hermits to help stay healthy. Unfortunately I only got pictures of Owen because Lenn was feeding the cows. Bentley and Abby were out sledding.Lenn has been working on lights for quite sometime. We restrained ourselves and held off lighting them until Thanksgiving night. They look great Lenn, thank you! The nativity came late so we will have to add that later.
That night we also put up the tree and decorated. Notice Lenn at the piano, no he doesn't play. Well he didn't play until Thanksgiving day when Abby taught him how to play 'Happy Happy Birthday'. Good job Lenn and Abby. Now he can play two songs. It was fun to listen to him play as we decorated the tree. Owen was amazed by the lights as always.
This year I decided to have a competition, that is one thing we do well, compete. We all made thankful lists and saw who could come up with the most. Bentley beat us all by a lot. I was impressed I was sure it would be between Lenn and me.
Some of the things on our thankful lists: people who got us home, people who help us stay home, good friends, Owen's equipment and doctors, family, the gospel, prophets, animals, our home and food. These were just a few since we all had around 100 except for Bentley. He had 132!! Good job Bentley!!
We do have a lot to be thankful for. We have had so many little miracles that we probably do not even recognize until later. For example, when we decided to trach Owen we were told he would spent most of the winters in the hospital. Well, he is almost 3 and he has spent one night in the hospital (knock on wood)! That is amazing! That night was to watch him after he had his adenoids out, ear tubes placed and a scope of his trachea. We are not lucky we are blessed. Another miracle is; almost every time Cokeville is out of power we still have power. We have only been out of power two times that were for a longer period of time. Even then we were able to stay home until it came back on. Today I may have found out one reason why this happens. I was talking to a sweet friend who told me whenever she is out of power she prays that she will stay powerless if Gayle has power. That is a friend!! Thank you. I know many prayers are said on our behalf and I would like to thank you for them. We feel blessed to have you all in our lives.

2 comments:

Brian and Rebecca Nate said...

I love the lights. I wish I had more ambition to get them on our house. Brian would never do that! Way to go Lenn!

annie said...

I'm missing my lights this year so thanks for sharing.
BTW you have one great friend! I wish to be more like your friend. Have a Merry Christmas.