Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Gayles' Birthday Trip

Friday 12-17

For Gayles' birthday I had a few things up my sleeve! First of all, while she was away celebrating, I stayed home and slaved over a cake... Mr. Crocker made my wife a cake! It didn't turn out to be what I had imagined in my mind, but when you have a flower and football cake pan to work with, what do you expect? Enough of the cake. I got online and bought some Christmas concert tickets, yup, I bought them. I could be the only one in a drawing and the person drawing the tickets would make up a name! So away to Salt Lake we go!


Had a hotel room that ruled. Bentley and Abby had their room, Gayle and I had our own, and Owen got the entire living room. Plus a kitchen for the nightly popcorn ritual to boot.


Amy, one of our favorite nurses, came over to babysit Owen. Earl was leaving town and Marquelle got beat to the punch. We met some really neat people in our extended stay at the hospital.


The conference center was amazing!

David Archuleta was amazing too. I had to keep my inner teenage girl inside and not squeal. Mom told me before we left that no one was to squeal inside the conference center. President Monson and President Uchtdorf were at the performance. It was neat to see how quiet 22000 people can get when the Prophet walks in.

Saturday 12-18
Owen all dressed up and no where to go..


Temple Square and the amazing lights. I was thinking the whole time strolling around how I could get my yard to resemble that... A couple things came to mind, I need a couple trees and a larger budget.


The kids at the reflection pond.



Had to go into the visitor center and get a picture with Christ. The feeling you get when you top the ramp and see Him is pretty neat. It was standing room only and my crowd rash was growing ever so large so that was our last stop. Happy Birthday Gayle, sorry it took so long to put it on here. You will never see a picture of the cake on here, but oh believe me, it was something to behold!


3 comments:

Anna Linnea said...

I want to see the cake! Looks like you had a fabulous time!

Brian and Rebecca Nate said...

I wanna see the cake! I wanna see the cake! Come on. I promise I won't make fun of it.

I love Temple Square at Christmas time. it has such a wonderful spirit surrounding it.

Happy belated Gayle!

brigette said...

What a great birthday surprise!! I had no idea it was your bday so happy late birthday!!