Sunday, February 13, 2011

Our January....

January started out fine with Owen's birthday, then it hit and it hit hard! Lenn had been battling sickness for awhile but it was just an annoying cough. The day after Owen's birthday it hit me and it was a bad one. I haven't been that sick in a long time. The day after I went to the doctor I sent Bentley with Lenn thinking he had a sinus infection. Boy was I wrong! The news we have dreaded for three years came. Bentley had RSV. We were so worried that Owen would get it. Bentley had been ordered by the doctor to stay in his room until further notice. Poor kid, but he did it without complaining because he knew he had to protect his little brother. He was a champ. He stayed in his room and Owen got just about everything else but not RSV. We all looked lovely with our masks. I would get a mask and a gown on to take care of Bentley then come out of his room, wash up and go get a new mask to take care of Owen. I felt like I was back in the ICU. We made it though, whew!Luckily Lenn's sister had this tv/vcr. Bentley called it a lifesaver. I am not sure how many movies he watched but he did get his homework done. (His room was in transition, he doesn't really sleep on the floor.)Sick Owen still gave us his smiles.Abby and Owen were watching Beauty and the Beast. Abby came over to comfort Owen during the wolf part. If you look close, Owen is just laughing at her. I thought it was pretty cute.
Owen got a digital photo frame and a wall cling with him and Landry for Christmas. He loves them both. He can't wait for his frame to be turned on in the mornings and will watch it forever. Once in awhile I catch him grinning and I watch his eyes go from his frame to his picture with Landry. He loves his family.

2 comments:

Ashlie said...

You guys are troopers! So glad you all made it through the sicknesses and Owen didn't get RSV. How scary! He's getting so big!

Brian and Rebecca Nate said...

I can't believe that he didn't get RSV. I hate that sickness. Kaden had it when he was 3 months old and it scared me to death. What a wonder kid Bentley is! I don't know if I could stand to watch that many movies. What a great big brother! Glad all is well again. Take care. Owen is getting so big. I bet your back is killing you from lifting him all the time. What a woman! (And what a man! for Lenn) :)