Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Little Man and Angel Mercydez

Well here is little mans' cake.. Gayle spent her usual, a lot of time and energy, and pulled off another great cake.


Here is the birthday boy! Hanging out with woody and eyeing bullseye.

Gayle sending the smiley face balloon to Landry.

Abby writing on Mercydezs' balloon.
Three balloons for three years, trying to cut through the fog.


I will post more pictures when I get time and the turtle internet is feeling frisky. Three amazing, stressful, sleepless, miraculous, wonderful, heart wrenching, learning years. Most said he wouldn't make it out of the hospital. To those, happy third birthday Owen..



7 comments:

tfthornock said...

Dang right! ;) Happy birthday sweet Owen! What an amazing little man you are! Gayle...you did it! I knew you could all along! Marvelous job. Are you ready to start taking outside requests? My kids and I would be ever so grateful! ;)

Leslie Garbanati said...

I thought about you this week...and oh my goodness, it is hard to believe that it has been three years. That little boy of yours (Owen) inspires me beyond anything you will ever know. He, along with your family, strengthen my testimony. Happy...Happy...Birthday OWEN! We all love you....PS Your cake PHENOMENAL!

Nic and Ashley Haws said...

Dear Lenn & Gayle,

I love you guys. I love your little Owen. I love all of your beautiful children: Bentley, Abby, Owen, Landry. What an amazing family.

That cake is absolutely adorable. Gayle, you are AMAZING! I love the picture of Owen with his Woody toy and the cake. That is PRICELESS!

Sounds like the day, overall, was good. I'm so glad.

Thank you for thinking of Mercy. I'm sure she and Landry are very good friends up there. I find great comfort and peace in that.

Happy birthday sweet Owen.

Blessings,
Ashley

Brian and Rebecca Nate said...

I LOVE the cake. How cute is that? I will have to hire you to make Kaden one next year. I'm so happy for you guys that Owen is able to be home with you and feel all the love and tenderness there. What a lucky little boy. Hope all is well. Take care.

brigette said...

How amazing@@ The cake is beautiful!! He is such a fighter and such a sweet boy!!

Anna Linnea said...

Your post made me cry! Owen is one amazing little man. Gayle where are you when I need birthday cakes?! That is soo cute!

Sandra said...

Happy Birthday Owen!! What a miracle he is. Goes to show that with a family that loves him very much and (doctors that don't know everything, lol) miracles happen every day!