Sunday, March 20, 2011

Thank yous~Answered Prayers~Miracles

First of all, thank you for your prayers in our behalf! I feel the strength they have brought. Since I updated about Owen and asked for prayers I felt like I should share the story of answered prayers. Before I shared Owen's update I had been praying that I might be in tune with Lord so that I would know which way we needed to go to help Owen be comfortable. I had also been praying that the doctor would be inspired as to what he needed.

I knew he needed a change and I was almost demanding a new medication. I had talked with the doctor's office and the lady wasn't telling me what I wanted to hear. She wouldn't tell me of any other medications. I was getting so frustrated because I knew Owen would feel worse. I kept praying. Finally in the calm and quiet of the a night, a thought came to me that maybe it isn't a medication. Then my mind started working overtime. I kept praying. The lady from the doctor's office was supposed to call on Tuesday. I waited and waited all the while thinking about what we could accomplish during our conversation, trying to think how we could get to the bottom of the issue. She never called, again I got frustrated. That night I realized it was a blessing that she didn't call. I had waited with my mind focused on the issue at hand all day long. That night, again in the quiet it came to me that is was his diet that needed changed. I was so excited. I felt so good about this and it was an easy change. The next day Dr. M. called and we had the best conversation about Owen and the future. She was Heaven sent!! She suggested a new formula that we are trying now. She listened and we worked out a lot of things. She is amazing. We have been blessed with a great 'Owen's team'.
The miracle is that I actually listened! I was ready to give up then I looked at Owen and realized I couldn't, it wasn't about me. I was being selfish. It was getting hard so I wanted to quit. That is when the Lord really stepped in and took over. I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost and my Savior.

This new formula is easier to digest. It isn't going to be a sudden change but hopefully we will see improvements in a week or two. I am so happy about this change. I will keep you updated as best as I can.

3 comments:

brigette said...

I hope the new formula works! Praying for you and your sweet family. You are an amazing mom!

Brian and Rebecca Nate said...

I'm so happy for you guys. I hope that the new formula works wonders on Owen. Prayer is an amazing tool. Take care.

klthornock said...

Thank-you for being one of the greatest examples in my life!