Monday, April 4, 2011

Owen

This is one of Owen's therapists, Dallas. Owen has loved this guy from the first day they met. Owen would close his eyes as though he was done with everyone. Dallas would say 'Owen' and Owen's eyes would pop open. He is the only one Owen would do that for for a long time. Since we have been home and he has a regular scdehule he doesn't try to block people out so much . Whenever we know Dallas is coming to visit I dress Owen in a Wyoming shirt, because Dallas is a huge BYU fan. He tells us it is child abuse to dress a child like that!! Owen is doing better than expected. The new formula has been a great change and we are grateful to have found it. He still seems to be slowing down but since the new formula we have not had to increase his medicines at all. He can't digest as much food as fast as he used to so we have cut the amount and the rate (time) for him. He is still happy but seems sleepy more often. He still loves being held and all the other things he has always loved.

1 comment:

Nic and Ashley Haws said...

Dear Gayle,
I am in complete awe. I think the world of you and Lenn. I'm so glad Owen is doing better, and I'm so grateful you are so close to Heavenly Father. It's amazing how close He is to our little miracle children.

I think of you all the time. I hope and pray you are doing okay.

Love,
Ashley

PS yes, Travis did paint a picture of Mercydez. I'll have to email you a picture of it. It's absolutely beautiful.