Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Abby turns 8!

Abby turned eight! She is pretty excited about growing up. I am sure she is the only one though. Lenn tried convincing her to skip her birthday and stay 7 but she wasn't going for that. She is quite the girl, she sure adds to our family. She has a huge heart and already tries to serve others. Today was her first day at Achievement Day. She has been counting down to this day. I asked her what they did and she told me they washed windows, folded laundry and read books to little kids. She was so excited to do these acts of service. This is Abby's Owen doll. When he was a baby she named him Owen so she could hold him and take care of him while her baby brother was in the hospital.
She wanted to get her ears pierced for her birthday so the day before we got them pierced. She was so excited. I took my camera in but she was not about to have it documented. She did let me take a picture after the fact.

This is her unicorn cake. She wanted white for eight and being baptized. Then she drew me a picture of what she wanted her cake to look like and picked pink and yellow to go with it.
Things Abby loves: sugar, horses, animals, family, dolls, being outside, cooking, clogging and anything social.

2 comments:

Leslie Garbanati said...

What a sweet girl you have! She just glows! Happy Birthday ABBY!

Brian and Rebecca Nate said...

What a cutie! Happy Birthday Abby! I love the cake, you have totally outdone yourself with that one. I don't know how you do it, it's definitely a talent of yours. The Owen doll is so cute as well. I love it. Take care.