Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Misc. May 2011

This post is a random catch up of most of May!
Abby is growing up so fast and it getting into hair and looks. It is a little scary, she is eight! She loves to change her earrings several times a day but I think the newness will fade and she won't have to change them to go feed the lambs!! She loves playing with the camera and taking pictures of herself and whatever else comes along.

Bentley is doing 4-H again this year. He got two lambs, just in case, but he can only show and sell one. So.....introducing... Jimmer and Fredette! We were big Jimmer fans this year and Bentley thinks he is wonderful so he decided those would be perfect names for his lambs this year! Just for clarification, he is not a BYU fan just a Jimmer fan. Bentley and his class played their recorders at the Jr. High Band Concert. They did great. I have to share this picture because when he sat down he made sure he was behind his music stand.

These are daffodils from my flower bed, they are beautiful this year. I love them. They remind me of a great service that was done for us the year we brought Owen home. We had to move to SLC until we got everything in order with equipment to bring him home. We moved home in July and needless to say the yard was more than a mess!! A youth group from the SLC area were coming up for youth conference and had asked around for a service they could do. Somehow we were chosen. One of the leaders brought these daffodils to plant for us and each year that they come up I am reminded of that great love and service in our behalf.

Bentley is published!! I know a lot of kids were probably chosen for the book of poems but I am still proud of Bentley. He is a good student and can do just about anything he sets his mind too.

Wild Horses
Wild and free they run.
Through the shrubs and past the trees.
They eat mild green grass.
Colorful as they run past.
They run like speeding lightning.
And then there is Owen. He looks so old when I cut his hair, but he has to stay lookin' sharp. We are still able to help control his comfort (a huge blessing). He has his days though and last week he had more than his share. Once I adjusted his feeding again he was better. I am thankful he is still able to take in some calories.


1 comment:

brigette said...

What great kids you have!! You are one amazing family. I look up to you guys so much!