Friday, June 6, 2008

Spiderman!

My spiderman story has been such a hit, I thought I might re-create the scene and show you the wall I shimmied up.



Here is the scene as I am waiting for Gayle to go get the suction machine and the emergency trach bag. Yes I said emergency. This bag is suppose to be at his side. Gayle comes out the bottom green door and asked if I had the keys to the apartment? Neither of us had the keys, so I told her to go check to see if the managers were in. She ran in checked the door once again and noticed a sign on the managers door stating "we will be back at 7 pm, sorry for the inconvenience." Inconvenience, this was an emergency! Looking at Owen, anxiety through the roof, and looking at our apartment, the ole gerbils starting running in my mind.








I started sizing up the mesh front on our complex. "I can climb up to our porch and go in through the sliding doors!" I yelled to my caravan family waiting out front to leave. Most people would look and say "why not the fire escape ladder?" I started up the fire escape ladder and got up under where there is a hatch like door. I give the door a gentle nudge and my arachnophobia thought came to my mind. I flew down the ladder with that itchy, crawly feeling, and tried to take my mind off spiders. Owen came back in to my mind and I yelled for Gayle. I told her to put her hands together and give me a boost up the mesh.








A grunt from Gayle, a huge grunt from me and away I went. Like spiderman, I was actually hanging from the side of the building with my fingers in the mesh and no place for my feet.






Here is my shoe marks grabbing for any traction because my fingers were starting to ache. I thought "the fire department is going to have to bring the saw thing to get my fingers out of this mesh and I will be arrested for climbing the building." Forgetting about my super powers and my spider web ability, I yelled for Gayle. I told her to stand under me while I hoisted myself up to the rail. Another grunt session and I was away. Up over the rail and to the sliding door. I leapt through the apartment to the two emergency bags and down the steps to my waiting caravan.

Owen was fine, Gayle was in pain, and I was the super hero that saved the first outing!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I seriously cannot believe you did that!!! I was laughing so hard picturing you guys doing that, I'm just glad you got the bag:) Ethan would be very impressed!! How is the little guy doing?

Leslie Garbanati said...

Funny stuff! Amazing what you are able to do in a dire situation. Hope all is well! Can I add you to my blog list???

The Martinez Fam said...

Hey guys!! I'm glad you have a blog. It will be so much easier to keep up with what's going on in your little family!! I'll bet it is so nice to all be together and function as a family.

Bekah, Cameron, and Cayden said...

Hey guys. It is awesome that your family has joined the blogging world! It is so nice to see you all together as a family, and see Owen doing well. If you guys ever need anything please let us know. Cameron works in Salt Lake and I am down there all the time, so just let us know if we can help in any way!

Maydi said...

Lenn
that is the funniest story I have ever heard, I gues we all know who to call in an emergency! Hope all is well.