Sunday, June 15, 2008

Salt Lake Bees

We had our first major outing other than a doctor appointments, Friday night. We went to the Bees game. That was the first live baseball game for the family other than me. I remember when I came down with dad, grandpa, and Lyndon to watch the Gulls and Trappers. I have seen this ball club in every uniform, Gulls, Trappers, Buzz, Stingers, and Bees.



Here we are outside of Franklin Covey Field, the kids are waiting for me to get tickets. The staff was excellent at the field. We unloaded Owen on the side of the road and was greeted by two security guys. The one went to see about tickets and the elevator. The other ran across the street and allowed us to park in the season ticket holders parking lot. Which was twenty yards from the first base gates. Which will come in handy when I have to make a battery switch a few hours down the road.





Here are our seats, nineteen rows above first base. They got us tickets in the vicinity of the first aid room if needed. We are waiting for the game to start and the sun to set. Shortly after the game started the sun was below the stadium and off us.
















The kids with Bumble the mascot. I bought them each batting helmets and Owen a ball.












Owen at the game.







































We got to the game at about six thirty and left around nine thirty. Owen needed suctioned a few times but it was noisy enough no one could hear it. The battery gave way at about nine so I had to run to the car and get the spare. We had a host named LaRue that kept checking up on us and gave the kids two baseballs that she had found cleaning. We had Bumble come and sign the balls for the kids. The kids can not wait to go to another game.




6 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, I'm glad you guys are getting out and doing lots of fun things together as a family. Your kids are so cute. Lenn seriously why do you like Wyoming so much??:) Is there anything there besides sage brush and nothingness ha ha

The Johnson Crew said...

Yes amy, as for me and your husband, it is the smell of the sagebrush and the nothingness that I love so much. It beats polution and everythingness anyday.

Amy said...

good point but maybe pine trees would be better:)

sjanney said...

Gayle gave me the link to your blog - it's great! :) I'm so happy that you all are having opportunities to get out as a family and do FUN things.

Your kiddos are darling!

Take Care,
Sam Janney

Kathie said...

We miss you guys, and Lenn's special comments. We love seeing Owen having fun with his adorable family.

Your "blog" is amazing and fun to read, come and see us, sorry I missed saying goodbye. Thank you for being an inspiration, an advocate and wonderful parents!!
Kathie...

OUTDOOREXCURSIONS said...

I like the panorama pic you got in there. I like to think that I somehow had an influence on that one.

Cole