Saturday, April 3, 2010

A happy birthday with miracles!!

Abby's birthday was yesterday and the NICU pulled some strings and let us bring our family to see our little man. Bentley and Abby were so excited to see their baby brother.Owen wasn't too excited but managed to do okay. Maybe he felt the hospital atmosphere and was ready to be back home!Bentley and Abby both got to hold him and they loved every second of it.
Now for the BIG miracle! Our little guy is drinking from a bottle!!! We are so excited! I think he wants to come home as fast as he can. Plans were changed yesterday from heading to Primary's to coming home from Logan when he is ready. I almost could not believe them over the phone when they told me he was eating from a bottle, I had to see it for myself. Last night I got to feed him and it was amazing. What a miracle! He is doing great. His muscle tone is still very low, but we will take whatever improvements we can.

Thank you for all your prayers!

7 comments:

Ashlie said...

First of all congratulations on the new little man! I'm so happy he's doing better! Our prayers are definitely with your family!

Leslie Garbanati said...

Gayle and Lenn,
I love to hear good news! Thanks for sharing. We are just in Brigham City-really just a skip from Logan...PLEASE let me know if you need anything while you are there. My cell is 435-225-4871. You are in our prayers.

The Bairs said...

I am so glad to hear that things are going well and improving. I have been checking your blog every day since you had him so thanks for keeping it updated. My prayers are with you and your family. He is so adorable!

Sandra said...

I am so excited for you!! Didn't even know that you was expecting a new one. That's so awesome. Congratulations!

sjanney said...

Whoohoo!!! Drinkin' from the bottle is a great sign - keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care,
Sam J.

Marquelle said...

Congratulations Lenn & Gayle! I can't believe he's already here! He is so cute. I'm split on the names. I hope everything is going okay. Keep me posted!

Brian and Rebecca Nate said...

Congrats on the little no name. He really is adorable. Our prayers are sent out every night for you and your family. Heavenly Father knows you and will be with you. Take care and keep your chin up.