Monday, April 26, 2010

Pictures and Eulogy

These were taken when Landry was 2 weeks old. I am so glad I took them!
Bentley wanted to do about everything at Landry's funeral and I hesitated because I feared emotions would take over but was sure he could do it. Bentley read the eulogy and did a better job than I could have ever imagined doing myself. What a strength our 9 year old son is to us.
The miracle of 23 days
Landry Gale Johnson was born March 30, 2010. He came into this world with a weak little body but a determined spirit to fulfill his earthly mission. He started out on machines and fought each day for four days to get of the machines, breath on his own, drink a bottle, prove himself to everyone, and most of all come home. He had a mission to come home with his family and he did it. We were given 23 precious days and only eight were in the hospital. One of the eight days he was able to meet his siblings and celebrate Abby's birthday.
In 23 short but precious days he was blessed to have met 2 special doctors. Dr. McKenna gave him a blessing stating that his time on earth with his family would be rich. It was! Each kiss, hug and snuggle will be a memory to never forget. Dr. Chan was the ray of sunshine, as always. "I think we are coming out of the woods," he would say when we would call with another improvement.
His mission was to come home.
We gave him love-he showed us charity.
We gave him kisses-he filled our hearts with kindness.
We held him-he gave us comfort.
He showed us how much you can love someone in a short 23 days.
He was reunited with his grandparents, great grandparents, cousin, and many other angel friends on April 21, 2010. Although this time is a struggle we have been shown and given the pure love of Christ. We will forever be grateful to our Heavenly Father for the precious gift of our 23 day miracle, Landry Gale.

6 comments:

Anna Linnea said...

Beautifully written. It brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for such a wonderful example of faith. Love you. Linnea

Brian and Rebecca Nate said...

The tears don't ever stop flowing when I read one of your posts. Thank you for your honesty and faithfulness, you are a great example to everyone.

Ashlie said...

You are amazing! I'm so glad you took those photos too. ;) Please let me know if I can help you with anything.

spflower said...

Gayle- I just read your blog for the first time. My heart goes out to you and your family. Love Sarah

Ang said...

I Said A Prayer For You Today
by Frank J. Zamboni

I said a prayer for you today
And know God must have heard.
I felt the answer in my heart
Although He spoke no word!

I didn't ask for wealth or fame
(I knew you wouldn't mind).
I asked him to send treasures
Of a far more lasting kind!

I asked that He be near you
At the start of each new day;
To grant you health and blessings
And friends to share your way!

I asked for happiness for you
In all things great and small.
But it was for His loving care
I prayed the most of all!

Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Ang

Inklings said...

Gayle, I just heard about your sweet baby and this blog from Kristen. You have written a wonderful tribute to your son. My heart and prayers go out to you. He was such a beautiful little baby.