Monday, April 5, 2010

~~Just one more miracle~~

Yesterday they took our little man off of high flow and he did great.

Last night they took him off oxygen all together and he is still doing very well. His oxygen sats are still great! We are so excited.

Last night I called the nurse and she was in the middle of feeding him, she stopped to answer my call. I could hear him crying. She said he was a little impatient with her taking his bottle away. It was so nice to hear a cry. I know that sounds crazy but for us it is a blessing and a miracle to hear a cry come from him.

He is eating great and more all the time. Just another miracle!

Thank you for all of your prayers and support. I know our prayers are being answered. His doctor (who is amazing too) thinks we can be thinking of the "H" word tomorrow,(we learned in Primary's to never say the word, so after it is over we will dare say it)!! We are so excited about this too!

His muscle tone is still very low, but we have learned to never give up.

When we do get him home we will be very cautious with visitors because he is a new baby and also we are not sure if his immune system could be somewhat compromised. We know everyone will be anxious to visit and to come and help but please be mindful of your health. The slightest little runny nose or cough could be something big for Owen or this little guy.

Again thank you, thank you for the prayers. It is amazing when prayers are said in your behalf, you can feel the love coming from miles. Thank you! We love you all and will keep you posted!!

(These posts are usually very quick so I apologize for any errors in the post. Just bare with me!)

4 comments:

Leslie Garbanati said...

I have checked a couple times today to see what was going on. I am so excited for you to even think of "that" word for tomorrow! We are thinking of you lots and praying as much too! Love to all of your family!

Brian and Rebecca Nate said...

Here's hoping you get him "H" soon. Take care and may the Lord bless you.

Ashlie said...

So glad to hear good news! We will continue to keep you in our prayers!

katie said...

What??? I didn't even know you were expecting. AHHH I am so bad. Congrats you guys. He is beautiful. I am so excited for you. I am glad to hear he is doing much better. Man, I am still in shock about the new little one. So exciting. You have a beautiful family you guys.