Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Blessings and Miracles

I am so far behind on blogging but I have GOT to get this written down before I forget!
I have mentioned how blessed we have been and it really hit me at fair time about a month ago.  We have a friend who watches Owen for us sometimes.  She herself is an angel!  This year Owen went to two days of fair but our friend, Vonda, watched him for us on the third day. 

It was getting about time to finish up and head home when I got a call from Vonda saying Owen is NOT happy.  My first impulse is to panic, but something inside always keeps me calm until after!  I started asking her questions that I have NO idea where they came from.  She answered and immediately I started telling her to check his numbers and do this and that and call me back in a few minutes.  As I hung up with her super powers kicked in, I couldn't find Lenn, again! And he didn't have his phone!!  This was seeming just a little too familiar.  I started taking down the canopy and putting everything in the van by myself while Abby went in search for Lenn.  I got everything put away and decided to go looking, after all it was the Rich County Fair not the Utah State Fair.  I ran to the where the exhibits were and found them.  I waved them over and said come on, we've got to get home.  We ran back to the van, why I didn't drive over there I do not know!! (Sorry for the site of the out of shape woman running in flip flops for any one who witnessed).

We headed for home and Vonda called and said he was doing better.  I still couldn't relax though because even though Lenn can drive fast minutes can be too long for Owen at this point.

We got home and figured things out and all was well after Owen had a very long nap with some oxygen!  I could not ask for a better person to have been with Owen during that time, she stayed calm and just cared for Owen.

After I looked back at everything that went on, I had a million things come to my mind.  How blessed we really have been!  Why I asked those certain questions, and had those exact answers, I have NO idea except that I know my Heavenly Father put those words in my mouth.  I was just His tool that day to help our Owen.  I was in awe that day as I reflected how many times He has taken care of Owen in spite of us.  Bentley and Abby have watched Owen when needed, we try to never be far away but sometimes if I have to run one to town or something the other one watches him.  In all those times Owen has never even had a messy diaper!  I know that sounds silly but they could not change him and he would be upset and not do well until he was changed. 

This fall when Bentley started football practice I would take him in and Abby would watch Owen.  One day I had this knot in my stomach and Owen was not very happy so I texted Lenn and told him he would need to take Bentley that day. Here is the great part about Lenn, he said 'okay that's fine'.  He never questions my thoughts or decisions when it comes to Owen.  Not ten minutes after they left Owen needed a few sets of his cough assist, which Abby cannot do.  I immediately thanked my Heavenly Father for making me stay home that day!  I could go on and on about the many miracles in our behalf with Owen.

Again Saturday night, we had another miracle/blessing happen.  It was Bentley's birthday and the plan was to go to the Utah State Homecoming game.  I had a feeling I should stay home but at last minute we decided we wanted to celebrate as a family. (Since I will blog on this later, I will get to the point). While taking Owen to the van his vent started alarming. Lenn suctioned him but it kept alarming.  He double checked the alarm and it was low pressure.  We couldn't find the leak so I started bagging him while Lenn looked for the leak. He found the stroller wheel had rubbed a hole in the tubing. NOT good!!  I then remembered the duct tape I had left in the van when cleaning it out and told him where it was.  He did a great job taping it and it held until we got home!! Huge blessing and miracle.  The miracle is that I actually listened to the little voice that told me to keep that duct tape in the van earlier this summer!  I am so grateful for that little voice and that I listened.  I know Lenn would have figured something out but I am grateful for duct tape!!

I know Owen still has work to be done here or he would not be here!  There is nothing that even makes sense why he is still happy, healthy and comfortable.  We do not care that it does not make any sense we are just happy we have had this time with him and pray we will enjoy all that we get.  Our Heavenly Father really does love each one of us and sends blessing and miracles daily.  Look for yours today!  They may be little but I promise they are there.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love your posts Gayle. You are such an amazing lady. Your testimony and faith has strengthened mine several times.I'm glad to hear you are still doing "well" and seeing the Lord's hand in your lives. Take care! {michelle teichert}

Ashlie said...

What a beautiful testimony. Thank you for sharing!